Translate

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Nightgowns

When I got home I found in my mail box this amazing nightgown I just bought on eBay!



I have a terrible weakness to all kinds of sleeping clothes, peignoirs, nightgowns... I have a series of silk nightdresses after my grand mother. It was a present from my grandfather who brought it from UK? or Italy? (I don't remember) during IIWW. Silk -peach, pink and white. One felt seriously apart. Peach one is still fighting and white one is ok.
I am sleeping in them without any mental disturbance. Because it was My Grand Mother!
My DNA. So I think it is OK.

The rest I already managed to collect by searching, selecting and winning on eBay, fantastic pieces from 50s, I use just to wander around the flat.
...until this one arrived. It's actually from 70s but the shape is so amazing!
I love it! ...and I don't know what to do with it now. Sleep or not to sleep.

Accidentally I found on the net how a woman is asking is it really possible to sleep in nightgown nowadays?
does anyone still wear nightgowns to sleep in? i was just thinking tonight about the nightgowns my mom used to wear in the 80's, when she was my age (!) 33...these huge long flannel nightgowns with a lace bib collar. nobody is wearing these anymore at all, are they?


My new trophy is not really flannel but nylon and no collar, but still... I started to wonder how do women sleep.
Stylish and elegant or rather comfortable?
I don't remember when the last time I've slept in a Tshirt. Why should I if I can use f.ex.:






So I'd like to encourage young women to burn their 
- sleeping T shirts (these in good condition and these with armpit holes), 
- pyjamas with Donald Duck, 
- Winnie The Pooh, 
- Tweety 
- or Pluto. 
(I'm not against them as long as they stay out of textile patterns for grown-ups) 
Elouise Lingerie
Pink Camellia
House of Olivier
or Vintage!

No comments:

Post a Comment