Translate

Monday 12 November 2012

Doing Blonde

"I color my own hair, too. I hate beauty salons. I just hate them. I hate them because I hate making appointments for something else, another appointment, and I hate spending the money. I like to have my hair freshly dyed every two weeks without fail, and I like to color on my own time while I’m multitasking. Plus, black hair is easy; if you do streaks and highlights it’s different."
Same as Dita I hate appointments and spending money for something I can perfectly well or even better do at home. I'll never get to british pedicurist again simply because HeRe they do like to keep nails from quite to very long and last time when this nice lady told me to put my sandals on, shyly I said 'I think it's not dry yet.' and 5min later I was marching home. Never!! Ever! go to Bonds Beauty Salon in Northampton - 25 The Drapery. When I got home I had to do it all over again. 

I couldn't stand waiting period for waxing appointments. How hairy you have to become!!!
And what about brazilian waxing? Twice I was send home because there was nothing to work on.
Terrible and undignified.
On top of it you spend a lot of money.

I'm not saying there are no excellent professionals, but you need to go through many rotten tomatoes (never ever go to hattbox hairdressing on Kettering Road in Northampton, unless you want to find my back hair that felt off and maybe is still somewhere there) to find the right one and if your excellent hairdresser dies (for example...) you start the whole searching cycle from the beginning. 
I already lost major part of my back hair before I found So Great Matrix studio: Christian Wiles Hairdressing in Northampton. After I discovered there Harry-the-Cypriot with his bushy, black, curly (?) hair that he treats as his private experimental lab, I had to leave Northampton behind. And after I decided with myself I can travel, why not?! it appeared my days off are usually Sundays and Mondays just as Harrys. 
So getting back to the point.

I am the best service for myself, reliable and cost free, always available for depilating, waxing, manicure, pedicure, eyebrows regulation and darkening even brazilian waxing - yes, it is possible.
I know myself and I know no one will do it better.
And how I hate to pay for it!



I understand that nowadays women just can't or refuse to do things around themselves - sometimes even the most basic. 


But just because the world is going down doesn't mean there are no ladies who can keep their own glamour in shape.
So finally I made very significant progress...for the first time I dyed -me- my own -by myself- hair.
I dyed my hair blonde.


As I rarely see the light I still don't know how this colour looks like in daytime but so far so good.


You see, I've been told by a hairdresser so many times that it's impossible to do it yourself and even smallest attempt may leave you with green hair, yellow hair or no hair at all.
That is why most of my life I spend flashing with my dark roots.
I've always experienced highlights that are the most expensive option you can get. In UK for medium hair you'll pay 100-150 GBP excluding toner, cut, drying, styling, conditioning and so on, of course! So it's not only the most durable process but the cheapest (for salons) as well as destructive since hair tend to break.

I started to gather all informations. Mostly what I found was the question 'I have this hair dye, what kind of developer do I use?' and the answer 'you won't be able to do it yourself anyway (implication: you're armless or brainless) and your hair will fall off. Professional products can be used only by professionals (developer and hair dye mix mystery: 3 times right and 4 times left) and you're definitively not the one so get lost. Besides you have ugly roots. With love. A hairdresser.'

Until I discovered Blond Bunny who is a blonde obsessed lady with professional hairdressing experience. She shares email address so you can ask her any questions and send photos. 
Ladies, you wish you could speak Polish now!
At first I didn't hope for an answer but then I got one a day after.
She put me on the right direction, told me what kind of Matrix dye I should use and what kind of developers. What not to even think of and precisely how much time to keep it on. 
And everything advised in the way I lOve the most: with bursting confidence. 
Only one conclusion: She knows what she's saying.

I already knew shades I wanted:
Matrix SoColor 10N mixed half/half with 10G.
Previous one made by Harry was 11AA but I found it maybe too yellowish...
That's actually the Creamy Blonde recipe from MatrixFamily but used with different developers.
As I like all cool colours I wanted to get a bit different blonde shade and perhaps it appeared to be too warm but hey! now... Sky is the limit!!!
or rather online shopping in Pak Cosmetics.
I can mix and test.


Before I decided to do the full head I made some try out on a piece. As you see it was already tragic and I had only two options: 
-wait another month for Northampton trip or 
- just do it.
It was difficult to put it on at the back of the head but since now on I only expect improvement.











I just need to find out how to move glycolic peels to my Home SPA...

1 comment:

  1. I like your new hair color. It matches perfectly with your skin and looks natural. And you styled it just like a pin up girl. A cool short, curly hair.
    I just think you're a bit crazy. Your natural hair color is blonde, isn't it? It's a beautiful color. But it's good to try something new!
    In Brazil, where I live, it's hard to find a real blonde so some girls go crazy about dying their hair. And most natural 'blonde' girls they have here are more like me - 'dirty blonde'.

    ReplyDelete